type of treatment
WHAT IS THE GRASTON TECHNIQUE?
- Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links, and splays and stretches connective tissue and muscle fibers
- Increases skin temperature
- Facilitates reflex changes in the chronic muscle holding pattern
- Alters spinal reflux activity (facilitated segment)
- Increases the rate and amount of blood flow to and from the area
- Increases cellular activity in the region, including fibroblasts and mast cells.
- Increases histamine response secondary to mast cell activity
WHY IS SCAR TISSUE A PROBLEM?
Scar tissue limits range of motion, and in many instances causes pain, which prevents the patient from functioning as he or she did before the injury.
HOW ARE THE INSTRUMENTS USED?
IS THE TREATMENT PAINFUL?
IS GRASTON TECHNIQUE USED ALONE?
No. Our protocol includes a brief warm-up exercise, Graston Technique® treatment, followed by stretching, strengthening and ice.
WHAT IS THE FREQUENCY OF TREATMENT?
WILL TREATMENTS AFFECT MY EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES?
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN BE HELPED WITH GRASTON TECHNIQUE?
- Medial Epicondylitis
- Lateral Epicondylitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neck and Back Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Patellar Tendinitis
- Tibialis Posterior Tendinitis Heel Pain
- DeQuervain’s Syndrome
- Post-Surgical and Traumatic Scars
- Myofascial Pain and Restrictions
- Chronic and Acute Sprains/Strains
- Non-acute Bursitis RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy)
- IT Band Syndrome
- Wrist Tendinitis
- Reduced range of motion Due to Scar Tissue
- Achilles Tendinitis
WHAT KIND OF RESULTS DOES GRASTON TECHNIQUE PRODUCE?
what They’re Saying
I came in with a partial tear in my hamstring and they have been the absolute best during my recovery! Staff is so kind, knowledgeable and will do anything she can to make you feel better during your time. I love that they use a variety of treatments and exercises so each appointment is different. I highly recommend Sports Recovery Annex!